Friday, January 20, 2012

It's definitely cold season...

So Justin went on travel on Tuesday. He had a cold last week, and somehow passed it on to me. I started to feel bad on Sunday, but it really hit me on Tuesday. I went home early from work to get some sleep, and then felt so awful Wednesday that I didn't go into work until midday, and even then, barely had any energy to do much. Thankfully this cold is just about over. Can I just say that it sucks being sick at home, especially by yourself?

3 Cold Remedy Necessities:

1. Emergen-C. I've always been a big believer in Vitamin C - especially when you feel like you might be getting sick. That's why I love Emergen-C Vitamin C packets. I've been using Emergen-C ever since someone gave me a few packets to try in college. I prefer the lemon lime flavor. Open a packet, toss it into a juice glass, pour enough cold water over it to disolve it (probably about 4-6 oz) and just drink it all at once. I usually drank one every time I took medicine or every few hours, between 4-6 a day. Between last week and this week, Justin and I finished a whole box! Although I think I probably drank more than 70% of those packets. I really think if I hadn't been taking so much Vitamin C, I'd still be in bed right now.

2. Tissues. Seriously, we never keep tissues on hand in our house. I usually just resort to using toilet paper, but my poor nose has been so raw this week. So I picked up two boxes of Puffs Plus Lotion, one for home, and one for work, and they are lifesavers. And my nose doesn't hurt!

3. Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese. Another item in our house for cold season? Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese. Especially Campbell's Tomato Soup. Always seems to be a comfort food when one of us is sick. It's quick and simple to fix.

I didn't do Zumba this week due to not being able to breathe with my cold, but I'm going to get back to it next week! And I was too lazy and only made Green Monster shakes Tuesday and Thursday.. oh well. Here's to a better week next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment